| TechNote #172:
Images don't appear in web pages published to MathPage
The information in this document applies to:
- Word 2007 and later for Windows
When you use MathType's Publish to MathPage command, equations are
included in the output, but other graphics in the document are not shown in the
resulting web page. Compare (click for larger version; use Back button to return
Microsoft Word sometimes relies on an old technology to display graphics in
web pages. Since MathPage uses Word's underlying "Save as Web Page" (or Save as
HTML) mechanism to publish a MathPage, this affects all web pages saved from Word,
whether a MathPage or not.
Turn off VML.
- To do that, either bring up Word's Save As dialog by pressing
F12 (in Word, not MathType), or click Word's File tab, then Save As, then More
- In the Tools dropdown to the left of the Save button, select
- The important option is underlined below -- Rely on VML
for displaying graphics in browsers. Clear the
checkbox to the left of this option. Set the other
options as desired.
- Click OK, then save the document. Now when you publish to
MathPage, all the graphics should appear in the output.
We hope this has been helpful. As always, please
let us know if you
have questions about this, or if you have additional techniques that work. We'd love to hear from you.