Printing Problems with HP LaserJet 4 and MathType 1.x-3.0 under Windows 3.1
The information in this document applies to:
MathType 3.0 (Win)
MathType 2.x (Win)
MathType 1.x (Win)
If you have a version of MathType prior to version 3.0d, you must follow the
instructions below if you wish to print on a LaserJet 4. There is a
compatibility problem with the LaserJet 4 driver and MathType's Fences font
therefore, we provide an alternative font on the MathType disk that corrects the
problem. The instructions below tell you how to remove the incompatible Fences
font and install the one that works. MathType 3.0d and later will automatically
have used the alternative font.
Removing the existing version of the Fences font
- Install MathType 3.0 using First Install.
- In the Windows Program Manager, double-click the Control Panel icon.
- Double-click the Fonts icon. The Fonts dialog box appears.
- In the Installed Fonts list, select the Fences (TrueType) font.
- Choose the Remove button; the Remove Font dialog box appears. Check the
Delete Font File from Disk box, then choose the Yes button.
Installing the alternative version of the Fences font
- Exit Windows, or use the Windows DOS prompt icon to go to DOS.
- Use the DOS Copy command to copy the file snave.kim from the MathType disk
to your Windows System directory. If you're using the A: floppy drive and
your copy of Windows is on the C: drive, the command is:
Copy/b a:\snave.kim c:\windows\system\fences.ttf
- Return to Windows.
- Double-click the Control Panel icon, then the Fonts icon.
- In the Fonts dialog box, choose the Add button. The Add Fonts dialog box
- In the Directories list, open your Windows System directory.
- In the List of Fonts, select Fences (TrueType) and choose the OK button.