The information in this document applies to:
MathType 3.0 (Win)
When using MathType 3.0 with Windows NT, you may notice that the MT Symbol
font is not available, or that Greek characters display as strange symbols from
the Wingdings font. This is because the MathType Installer was not able to
properly install the PostScript font MT Symbol.
Installing the MT Symbol Font
If you wish to use the MT Symbol font, use the Windows Control Panel to
install the font manually, as is described in the following directions:
- Open your Control Panel (usually located in your Main program group).
- Double-click on the Fonts icon to get to the fonts area.
- Click on the Add button.
- Select the folder where MathType installed your PostScript .PFM files. If
you used the default locations, this would be C:\PSFONTS\PFM
- Select the two MT Symbol fonts that are available, (but not the others,
since you already have TrueType versions of Fences and MT Extra installed),
and click OK.
- When asked “Do you want to install and convert the font at this time?”
- In the Install Type 1 Font dialog, make sure all three checkboxes
are checked, and click the Yes to All button.
- Close the Fonts section and the Control Panel.
As well as having the MT Symbol PostScript font installed properly, you
should now have an MT Symbol TrueType font for screen display.