Using MathType 3.1 with ClarisWorks 4.0 for Macintosh
The information in this document applies to:
MathType 3.1 (Mac)
ClarisWorks 4.0 (Mac)
ClarisWorks 4.0’s for Macintosh support for Edit Graphic Object (EGO) and
automatic baseline adjustment creates a seamless interface with MathType.
Equations may be brought into ClarisWorks from MathType by simply using cut and
paste. ClarisWorks automatically recognizes them as double-clickable EGO objects
and aligns them with the surrounding text.
Editing Equations with EGO
ClarisWorks’ support for Edit Graphic Object (EGO) allows equations copied
into ClarisWorks documents to be easily edited via the following procedure:
- Double-click on the equation within the ClarisWorks document. MathType
will run and the equation will appear in its window.
- After editing the equation in MathType, click in the close box or select
“Close” from the File menu.
- When MathType asks if you want to update the equation in your document,
click on Update.
The equation in your document will automatically reflect the changes in both
size and content that you made, and ClarisWorks will automatically reposition it
in relation to the surrounding text.
Importing MathType Equation Files into ClarisWorks 4.0
ClarisWorks accepts equations saved as EPS files with PICTs and as PICT
files. To import MathType equation files into ClarisWorks:
- Create an equation within MathType and then select Save from the
File menu. Save the equation in any format.
- From within ClarisWorks, select Insert from the File menu.
- Select the file you just saved.
Equations saved as PICTs can also be brought back into MathType for editing