The following license agreement applies to purchasers of the
WebEQ Developers Suite. For uses of the WebEQ Developers Suite not
allowed by this agreement, go to
our Software Licensing page. The
evaluation version of WebEQ is covered by a different agreement, the
WebEQ Developers Suite 30-Day Evaluation License Agreement.
WebEQ Developers Suite End-user License Agreement
The accompanying computer software and documentation known as WebEQ Developers Suite
("Software") is a proprietary
product owned by Design Science, Inc., and is protected under
U.S. and international copyright law. You may only use the Software subject to
the terms of this License
Agreement ("Agreement"). You may not remove any product
identification, copyright notices, or other notices or proprietary restrictions
from the Software. You may not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile,
disassemble, or create derivative works based on the Software except as
authorized in the Agreement.
- "Equation Server" consists of the WebEQ Equation Server executable
application component of the Software.
- "Redistributable Components" consists of all files in the Software installation directory
- "Solutions Library" consists of all files in the two Software installation
directories named "scripts" and "templates".
- "Authoring Components" consists of all executable code, source code, and
documentation in the Software not contained in Equation Server,
Redistributable Components, or Solutions Library.
- "Non-Commercial" means an activity involving the Software, or
content which was developed using the Software, for which remuneration was not
intended to be received by you or others.
- "Academic" means in support of teaching at an established and recognized
school, college, or university. It does not include teaching performed in a
corporate or commercial setting.
Except as authorized by the Agreement, no copies of the Software may be made
by you or any person under your authority or control.
- You may make copies of the Software for backup purposes.
- You may use the Authoring Components only on computers owned, leased, or
otherwise controlled by you and only on one computer at a time.
- You may incorporate portions of the Solutions Library only in derivative
works that add significant value.
- You may only distribute the Redistributable Components
without modification, and only as authorized in the Agreement.
- The Agreement supersedes the WebEQ Developers Suite Evaluation License Agreement.
- You may install Equation Server on a single server computer that is not
accessible from the Internet.
- You may distribute the Redistributable Components within your organization
on fixed media or via a computer network not accessible from the Internet.
For Academic and Non-Commercial use only:
- You may install Equation Server on a single server computer that may be
accessible from the Internet.
- You may distribute an unlimited number of copies of the Redistributable
Components on fixed media or via a computer network that may be accessible
from the Internet.
You agree to comply fully with all laws and regulations to assure that
neither the Software, nor any direct product thereof, is exported, directly or
indirectly, in violation of applicable law.
This license granted hereunder will terminate automatically
if you fail to comply with the limitations described herein. Upon termination,
you must destroy all copies of the Software.
Design Science, Inc. makes no warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. Any remedy under this warranty is limited to return of
the software and the user manual to the dealer or to Design Science, Inc. for replacement or
refund. This warranty is valid for 90 days from your date of purchase. Design
excludes any warranty coverage for incidental or consequential damages. Some
states do not allow limitations on implied warranties, so some of the above
limitations may not apply to you.